I had my third shot on Saturday morning and this time it really hurt. In fact, two days later I still am a little sore and have a knot where I got it at which is unlike the first two I got and therefor a surprise. It is hard to believe that I have had three shots already. I am noticing very small changes. The one I noticed first was an increase in acne. Thankfully not too much at this point but I can feel that my face feels greasy the way it does when you are like 15 years old maybe. It has been probably that long since I felt that way even so it is a really weird feeling. Then this morning I was in the shower and I noticed that on my knees and the back of my calves I am already getting in a fair amount of hair. As a woman when I wouldn't shave I never got hair there, because women don't. This is a huge and exciting development for me at this point in part because it is a very tangible thing I can watch change. I have always been a hairy person, the men in my family are hairy although thankfully not to an extreme degree. Thankfully none have back hair cause that is one thing I would not be excited about. Of course whatever happens will happen and I am just happy to be transitioning.
I have not been doing voice clips to follow my voice change (although I don't think that it is changing yet anyway). It feels like just one more thing on the list of things to deal with. I don't think that I will care 20 years from now, although in reality I might but how is one to know? I suppose I could always start now but I better get on it if I want to. It is funny cause at the start of the transition I thought I was going to document every single thing that happened and now I am just feeling lazy about it.
I have also given up women's bathrooms completely at this point. I used the men's rooms a lot last week, and have been presenting a lot more and so I feel like using the women's room is out. I have decided I will either use the men's room or if I don't feel safe doing so at whatever location I am at that I will go someplace else.
It is very exciting to see even the smallest changes going on. It makes all of this worth it. Now just counting down the days until surgery and looking forward to continued changes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
congrats on starting your journey
Post a Comment