I have nothing to say transition related, but plenty to say so this post really is just going to be a personal post about my life at the moment but not necessarily transition related.
I am finding myself in a very confusing situation, to which I will be vague to protect those who it involves although some may know of the situation and what I am talking about. I am finding myself feeling like a confused teenager again. I don't know what I want, or rather I want two things at once but I can't have two things at once. I have to choose but I don't want to choose. I hate making hard decisions, even if the obvious answer is right in front of me. I hate the idea that the process I am in might hurt people, not because I want to hurt them but because it just might happen. I can be a tough cookie, and I can also be a extremely soft hearted person. So the idea that through my process I might hurt friends regardless of if I mean to or not is difficult and I find myself resisting my process as result. Yet I know in the long run resisting it will not do much other than creating a worse situation than I am already in. I hate that life is full of hard decisions, and that life is not black and white. I want an answer that if I do this one specific thing than this specific outcome will happen. But there are no guarantees in life, and I hate that. I am such a logical thinking person I really struggle with anything that isn't black and white. I have made a lot of progress but I have a long way to go.
Okay so on an entirely different topic. I am realizing that I have been very self centered in my transition (which is very normal, of course I am) however I am having a difficult time understanding or even being compassionate to those around me who might be going through a difficult time themselves. I can be compassionate to only a certain degree and then beyond that I really feel like people should just deal with it or get over it or whatever it is I feel they should do. I feel like it is my transition and my life is the one being so uprooted. And yet at the same time that I say that I can see how messed up that is and how that is really not how I want to treat these people. Generally I am talking about family but friends as well. It is hard especially because I am generally just very excited about changes that are happening, like my voice or hair growth etc. I easily forget that they might still be working through their own process and that it might be hard for them to listen to because they still have grief.
I feel like right now I am in a pressure cooker, and that the lessons I am learning are really getting tougher. I don't think that the pressure cooker is going to explode per se but just that it is getting more and more intense and that those things I have been ignoring are becoming too challenging to ignore anymore. I just feel like my life is one big mess. Thank god for 12 step programs because that is what they help with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was very lucky cause my wife was very with me on this cause when I read all you can lose I had decided the only thing I would not lose even if I could not transition was my wife and I talk to her about this, she had said you have always wanted this I am not going anywhere go for it. See everyone I met knew I was a guy in a female body cause I have been male forever, and if I lost friends and family so be it, but my soul partner no way. Well I have my wife one family member and no friends alot of people who know me and talk to me say hi but friends no. When Itry to met other ftm I am feeling so old and I am disable while most have jobs or they are so young and are looking to talk to ones like them and age.
Yes this takes alot out of us and away from us this is harder then being gay, been thee and still here.
Post a Comment