I just got home from my last post op appointment, where they took my drain tubes out as well as my stitches and all of the bandages. I didn't get to see my chest, although I could have if I had wanted to. The drain tubes didn't feel good coming out, I mean they just pulled them right out of my chest. When I saw how much they pulled out I was a little nauseated to be honest, it was rather gross. And I could feel a little more discharge coming out of the holes in my chest, which Dr. Brownstein said may continue a little for the next 24 hours until the holes close up. I am still wearing my binder for another week, although loosely which is nice. Tomorrow morning I can take a shower, which will be the first one in 7 days! I can not hardly wait. I can not work out or lift more than 20 pounds for the next 4 weeks, and there are some other limitations but overall I feel fabulous. I drove home from the doctors office and really did not have much problem. Mostly I feel a little stiff, like I had a really hard workout yesterday and am just sore. Dr. Brownstein said I could drive though so I feel good about it. I am having a friend fly down to drive back with me on Wednesday, but I am sure that I will do part of the driving. Honestly this cold I have is making me feel far worse than I am because of the surgery.
When I got home the first thing I did was go put on a t-shirt and take a picture! I have been waiting for this day for 15 years!!! I am so happy, although I do realize as I said in yesterdays post that I have a few pounds to lose. They are more noticeable, now that my body shape is different. Nothing terrible, I am still extremely happy with how I look. Also like I said yesterday, I can already see my motivation is going to go up in terms of working out. I wish I could today, but I can't. I am sure that is good, my body still needs to rest up.
I can pick my daughter up, although it feels a little weird. I am happy I can do it though now without fear she will kick or rip on the drains. This morning when I took my morning sponge bath I did an extra good job, shaved for the first time in 10 days (which felt so good) and emotionally was on top the world. I feel like this is the day I have waited my whole life for, or close to it. I wouldn't say that I feel as though I have arrived in terms of finishing my transition. I don't really think that is true, there is still a lot that I have to go through in the future, a lot of changes that will come as I continue on hormones. It has only been since January 1st that I have been on hormones after all and many if not most of the changes I am going to see won't even start for a few more months, or even longer. So there is much of my transition to come. However at the same time I feel like a major milestone was reached. I am now fully living as Jackson. I will get my gender marker changed when I get home. There are still many things to change my name on. Now though there is no going back, and I feel 100% confident that I wouldn't ever want to either. Tonight to celebrate my partner and I are going to this fabulous raw food restaurant in SF that we have been wanting to go to and I am really looking forward to feeling well enough to get out and do that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment