Sunday, April 3, 2011

Question

Don't have too much to write about this morning, however I want some feedback on a really kind of random situation. So I was out to dinner with my partner and we were sitting when one of the waitresses walked up and asked us a question and then referred to us as "you ladies" as she walked away. I was so shocked, because it has been over a month since I have been referred to as a woman. So my partner and I just looked at each other and laughed, as though we couldn't believe it had actually happened. Then I thought I over heard the waitress making a comment to another waiter about making a mistake. Well so she came back a few more times and never said it again but then at the end of dinner she started to refer to us that way again but actually stopped herself that time. So, needless to say I was shocked. Not angry necessarily because I am generally confident enough now that I don't worry too much about it. Sure enough just 5 minutes later someone called me "sir" but I was so confused as to why she said it. So finally my partner was dying to know, and so I let her ask and she did so in a very nice way and without outing me. Th waitress seemed very uncomfortable and felt bad. She didn't really have an explanation, and then she said "maybe just take it as a compliment" as she kinda slapped me on the shoulder. Of course my partner and I were completely surprised and curious how I should take that as a compliment? So my question to people out there is two parts...first what the hell? Most of my readers know me so do I seem like a woman to you? But more than that really I am curious what people think about her comment of taking it as a compliment?

1 comment:

dontazz said...

She was just rude, I bet if a really gay man came in she would not have said ladies to him. But glad you two had a real good time. Might say next time something like my girlfrind and I or my boyfriend and I would like, then order.

Post a Comment

 
;