Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peeved


I expected that this year, 2012 was going to start off…well differently than it did. I don’t know how else to really describe how it has been going. Thankfully at least so far not much of that involved school. Knock on wood, but so far although there has been a lot going on with school it has not been terribly overwhelming. It is everything else that has been challenging to me.

So I just need to vent about this situation because I am rather appalled and if I were not so overwhelmed with everything else in my life I would have already done something about it, although I intend to take some kind of action soon. So a few years back I needed jaw surgery, of course every insurance company in the country was going to view it as elective even though I had multiple doctors and dentist’s opinions stating otherwise. So I took out a loan with GE Money also known as Care Credit. This was about 3 years ago and I was younger and for a lot of various reasons I didn’t realize the situation I would be getting myself into by taking that loan out. So if anyone happens to be even considering using them to fund anything at all, I would strongly caution you to do some serious research first because they are EVIL! So I will skip all the gory details but needless to say my experience with them has been less than pleasant. For instance, getting them to change my name (even though it has been legally changed for about a year now) has been impossible and they STILL won’t do it even though I repeatedly send them the documents they claim to need. Changing my gender, well that is even more of a huge pain in the butt.

Recently I filed a claim about something with them and so I sent them the paperwork again and then when I called back a week or so later to make sure they received it they actually had me by the correct name! It was a miracle, but they also called me “sir” and used male pronouns. Which until that time they had not done, which how they can’t hear that I am a guy is beyond me but whatever. Usually my calls with them have been short enough I just roll my eyes and get off the phone quick, plus I never call because I am happy. Well so I was told to call back after the New Year so I did, and when I did the woman I talked to was for lack of a better more powerfully descriptive word, a total bitch to me. First she called me by my old name, but then about every 3rd word as she was being a total jerk about the issue I had called about insisted upon calling me “ma’am” and using female pronouns. I was livid with her, because besides the fact I have repeatedly tried to change it with them I also do not sound like a woman and I have not for close to 10 months at least. Yet for 15 minutes I had to deal with this woman, and unfortunately, because like I said they are EVIL I was unable to talk to any other person. I should say she refused to transfer me and when I got off and called back I got transferred back to her.

So besides the financial situation I am in with them, which I will say is rather sketchy on their part and frustrating on mine, I am also beyond peeved with how I was treated. I am contemplating my course of action because as far as I am concerned it went well beyond a little mistake. I could hear it in her voice she was purposely being a jerk with me. It was insulting and rude. I plan to appeal an issue on the financial side but do I bring up the treatment I received? I just don’t know in these situations. Part of me just wants to be like “fuck them” and move on, but another part of me wants to not just walk away without saying anything. I hate gray situations, where there is no right or wrong except what is right or wrong for me in this situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;