Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trucks


Time continues to get away from me this time of year. Sadly I can’t say it is because we have had beautiful weather to keep me occupied because that is not the case. Friday is supposed to be the only decent day this week.

So my partner and I are doing a lot better and so without going into detail about that I will say we are looking for a bigger car. So in my last post I wrote about my beloved dog Willow. Well, it appears we have found another wonderful dog. His name will be Toby if everything is final tomorrow. We are still a bit unsure of how he will do with the cat. He wants to chase her but is already doing better so we are hopeful we can train him out of it. Needless to say between that, the baby and maybe one down the road we realized someone in the family needed a bigger car. For many complicated reasons it looks like I will trade mine in for something bigger, still to be nailed down for sure. So I have been test-driving some things, talking, getting numbers etc. It has been fascinating to see how I am treated now versus when I bought my Subaru three years ago. (Sadly I am not looking to buy a truck like this although I would LOVE to own one...I am thinking Toyota Tacoma sized). 

So I drove a truck today (would I be a happy man to get it!). And the entire time instead of what color I liked, cup holders, mp3 options or not etc he talked about engine size, torque, hp, etc…and showed me the engine, all the “manly” things I suppose. Anyway it was so interesting because even as a woman I was interested to know those things. But I was concerned about the color, I didn’t like it, I wanted to know how many cup holders etc. Yet it seems because I am a guy there are stereotypes when it comes to buying cars. When I went and looked with my partner we were treated totally different, it was clear the saleswoman was trying to sell the truck to her not me. One thing I noticed is that the men don’t shake hands very hard. I have a firm shake, always have and always will. I learned that from my granddad. I feel like I am crushing their hands, and it is not even that firm. Not sure what is up with that?

So we are “test driving” the dog so to speak, seeing if he will work with the cat. He has already adopted me as his human. Now he loves the baby, and is fond of my partner but it is very clear in just 36 hours that he is my dog. He is a mix of some things we aren’t sure what though. Lab, Sheppard, maybe some husky. Anyway wonderful dog very excited about him. I do feel happy that now there is an even amount of boys and girls in the house hehe.

I have not been running but this guy has so much energy I am thinking I need to take him running so now that school is out around here and I know I have the local track any time of day I want I am going to hit it up tomorrow. Having him will defiantly be a great incentive to keep going.

Been on “T” for almost 6 months now. I am finally starting to consistently grow facial hair farther up my cheekbones and away from just my chin area. My daughter has suddenly become fascinated by my hairy legs; she will crawl over to me and feel my legs, literally rubbing them up and down with a curious look on her face. She also doesn’t get why I shave my face or what it is on there in the mornings, it is rather cute to see her be so curious and notice that I do things that mom doesn’t.

My acne has been bad lately for some reason, no matter what I do or don’t do. Although shaving every day does seem to help a little. It is frustrating though to be 28 and have acne really for the first time. My hairline has become much more male pronounced. I have widow’s peaks, although small but it is much more in line with what men have for hairlines. It seems to have thinned some, although not much thankfully. I am graying a bit though, contemplating dying it but I don’t know if I have the energy or not.

It is really interesting going more and more into the world and never coming out. The car dealer has no idea, the lady who I am adopting this dog from has no idea, so many situations now where I am just me and no one has any idea I was every any different. It is nice. I look at pictures from 14 months ago when we went on our baby-moon vacation and it is like looking at a different person in the pictures. I am just so much happier now and it is an amazing feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;